The Transport planner is active within the distribution/supply chain planning team and is responsible for manual planning of shipments and shipment execution for affiliates that are in scope of the Multiple location deployment project. Also the transportation planner instructs the warehouses what, where and when to load in a container/truck. Ensuring the shipments bookings are confirmed on the requested vessels in order to meet the desired customer delivery dates.
On daily basis the transportation planner works with the supply chain planner, distribution specialist, warehouses, transportation team, carriers and finance and any other department that is required to provide the highest level of customer service.
• Represents the client with Warehousing and Transportation (providers)
• Create optimized shipment plan including communication with Distribution
• Minimize hedging exposure.
• Minimize exposed/excess inventory
• Manage projected and actual backorders including communication with Manufacturing Source.
• Create outbound shipments in line with the shipment plan, transport capability and warehouse agreements
• Release and book shipments in accordance with warehouse and carrier lead-times
• Create import/export documentation
• Track & Trace of shipments
• Support Complaint & Claims handling
• Educate Warehousing and Transportation (providers) in the area of the client systems and processes
• Review key performance indicators regularly, identify opportunities to improve performance, and execute implementation of improvements
Position Interaction Internal & External Contacts (influencing, motivating etc.)
• Regular contact with warehouses and transportation providers.
• Regular contact with Internal customer operations, supply chain planners, distribution specialists
• Regular contact with QA, Finance and all other supply chain departments
• Creative and analytical problem solving skills are required.
• Supports achievement of key performance indicators.
• Support supply chain partners in achieving Financial Plans and Inventory Plans
• Ensure compliance to procedures and agreements
• Know the business
• Drive for results
• Decision Analysis and Execution
• Helicopter view
Education - Bachelor’s Degree:
• Supply Chain Management or,
• Production Operations Management or,
• Logistics Management or,
• Equal by experience
• High accuracy and strong communication skills are required to achieve flawless execution of processes
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English are required to facilitate information flow across internal and external supply chain partners.
• Negotiation and conflict resolution skills are required to ensure timely and effective solutions to distribution, documentation and transportation issues with internal and external customers.
• Innovative skills and initiative are required to identify and implement business process improvements.
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills are critical to ensure timely delivery of product and communication with the supply chain partners.
• Overall Supply Chain knowledge
Skills and Abilities:
• Interest in technique behind a system
• A reasonable command of the English language
• Willing to travel Internationally occasionally